How Much Does A Thai Bride Cost?
Just in 2017, the US granted 616 Fiancé(e) Visas to Thai people. As you can see, Thai brides are in high demand among American men. Thai women are also popular among Canadian, British, and Australian men. If you are interested in getting a Thai wife for yourself, this article is right for you.
How much does it cost to marry a Thai girl?
Have you ever wondered how much does it cost to marry a Thai woman? How much are Thai brides in general? It is important as Thai mail order brides expect men to cover the expenses related to dating and marriage. Before you decide to date a Thai girl, take into account that you will have to cover expenses related to:
- Mail-order bride services
- First offline dates that will include a trip from your country to her, stay at a hotel, dinner at a restaurant, etc
- Visa and travel expenses for a Thai bride (if you want to bring your lady to your home country, of course)
- Marriage expenses
Let’s look in detail at some expenses and how they vary from country to country.
Thai mail-order bride site services
It is best to search for a Thai woman for marriage on Asian mail order bride sites. These sites provide the following services:
- Search tool and matchmaking to narrow the list of Thai women
- Communication with Thai girls (texting, emailing, phone, video calls, CamShare, etc.)
- Gifts and flowers delivery (a great way to impress a Thai girl)
- Translation services
- Romance tours (visiting girls in certain countries in person)
- Customer support (technical issues as well as advising on online dating)
Different sites have different pricing. Some offer monthly memberships, others use credit system. Types of membership, depending on the array of services envisaged, vary between 40-600 USD. The 100 credits, which usually can last for one or a couple of months, will cost you around 400 USD. These are the expenses you need to budget for talking with a Thai girl.
What is the Thailand bride price?
Sin sot – this is what a bride price is called in Thailand. Most families expect the potential husband of their beloved daughter to compensate for her leave from the family. Usually, in Thailand, the bride price is between 50,000-300,000 Thai baht, which is equivalent to around 1,600-9,600 USD. Note that since you are a foreigner, the girl’s family may demand a higher price from you.
Thai bride price for the USA
How much would a Thai bride cost for an American citizen? Consider these expenses for an offline date:
- Travel visa. For trips to Thailand less than 30 days, Americans do not need a visa, so here you will not spend even a cent.
- Flights. A round trip New York-Bangkok would cost you at least 700-800 USD.
- Accommodation. Three nights (this should be enough for a short visit) in a standard hotel in Bangkok will cost you around 80-100 USD.
- Food. A meal for two in a restaurant in Bangkok will be around 20-50 USD. It is pretty cheap.
Once you realize that the Thai girl you found is the one, you will need to bring her to the US to get married. Consider such expenses as:
- Flight. Around 500-600 USD one-way trip from Bangkok to New York.
- Fiancé(e) or Spouse of a US citizen visa and related expenses. A K-1 visa will cost you 265 USD, plus do not forget about the fee to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services that is 535 USD.
Thus, in total, including mail-order bride sites services for a couple of months and Thailand bride price, an American man will spend around 10,000-14,000 USD. This is how much it costs to marry a Thai woman.
Thai bride cost Canada
If you are going on a date with a Thai girl in Bangkok, be ready to spend some dollars on:
- Travel visa. Canadians can receive a 30-day travel visa upon arrival in Thailand. It will cost around 37 USD (50 CAD).
- Flights. A round trip Toronto-Bangkok will cost you 1,300-1,600 USD (1,740-2,100 CAD).
- Accommodation and food. (Check pricing in the US section).
There is no such thing as a fiancé visa to Canada, so your Thai bride will have to file for an immigration visa before coming to Canada and marrying you. For that, you need to save a couple of hundred dollars. Also, consider that a one-way flight from Bangkok to Toronto will be around 500-600 USD.
All in all, a Canadian citizen will spend around 11,500-15,000 USD (15,400-20,000 CAD).
Thai bride cost the UK
What is Thai bride cost for a UK citizen? For an offline date you should budget:
- Flight tickets. Round trip London-Bangkok 800-900 USD (627-705 GBP).
- Accommodation and food (see expenses in the USA section).
Note that British passport holders do not need a visa to enter Thailand for 30 days.
Regarding bringing your Thai bride to the UK, budget around 500 USD (390 GBP) to come to London, and 1,942 USD (1,523 GBP) for the UK finance visa application.
So how much is a Thai bride UK in total? That’s around 12,500-16,000 USD (9,800-12,500 GBP).
Thai bride price Australia
If you want to go on an offline date with a Thai girl, be ready for such expenses:
- Flights. A round trip Sydney-Bangkok is around 400 USD (570 AUD).
- Accommodation and outing (check the pricing in the USA section).
You do not need to budget expenses for a tourist visa to Thailand as Australians are exempt from it for 15-30 days, depending on how they enter the country.
When you decide to bring a Thai woman to Australia, plan for such expenses:
- One way flight to Sydney around 300-400 USD (430-570 AUD)
- Fiancé visa in Australia, known as a Prospective Marriage Visa, 5,400 USD (7,715 AUD)
In total, to get a Thai bride for an Australian man will cost around 15,000-20,000 USD (21,400-28,500 AUD).
Depending on the country you come from, a Thai bride will cost between 11,000-20,000 USD. May seem a lot for someone, but does money matter when love takes over?