How Much Does It Cost To Marry A Filipina?
In 2019 the Philippines was a country whose nationals got the most American K-1 (or Fiancé(e) Visas). In total, Filipinos were given almost 9,000 visas – that’s more than Vietnamese, Dominican, or Mexican brides and grooms. This is a sign that Filipino brides are very popular among Westerners, and there are reasons for that.
Filipino women are very caring, beautiful, and smart – this is the combination of traits that most Western men are searching for in potential wives. But how much does a Filipino bride cost? Is it expensive to marry her? Find more about this below.
How much does it cost to marry a Filipino woman?
So here are the expenses that you will or may face searching for a Filipina and bringing her to your country:
- Services of international dating or mail order bride sites
- Offline date-related expenses (tourist visas, flights, accommodation, etc.)
- Relocation of a Filipino bride to your country for marriage (bride visa, flights, etc.)
All these expenses will differ based on the mail order bride sites that you use, your home country, and your spending habits.
How expensive are Filipino mail-order bride sites?
The best place to look for a single Filipino woman for marriage is a Filipino mail order bride site. Such sites provide all the necessary services for finding and communicating with these Asian beauties. Good and reliable dating sites are not free. You will have to cover such services:
- Interaction tools (messaging, emailing, calling Filipino women through the site)
- Delivery of gifts and flowers
- Translation and interpretation services
- Customer care support
Pricing for these services differs from site to site. Filipino mail order bride sites also use different payment systems: some of them are credit-based, which means you need to buy the site’s virtual coins – credits. You will spend these credits on certain services. A package of 100 credits costs around 400 USD and you can spend them in a few weeks or a few months depending on how often you use the site's services.
Another cluster of Asian mail order bride sites uses membership payments. This means that to use the services, you need to buy Standard, Premium, or Platinum packages which encompass a certain number of services for a certain period (from a month to 12 months). These memberships vary in price between 40-700 USD.
Do grooms pay a bride price in Philippines?
Bride price is a financial endowment that a groom usually gives to the parents of the bride in many African and Asian countries. Luckily, Filipinos do not have any bride price. Perhaps, this is one of the reasons why Westerners marry more Filipinas than, for example, Thai women, for whom they need to pay huge sums.
Filipino bride cost: the USA
How much can a Filipino bride cost for an American bachelor? First, you need to budget expenses for an offline date:
- Flights. A round trip New York-Manila would cost you around 800-1,200 USD.
- Accommodation. Three nights in a standard hotel in Manila will cost you around 60-100 USD.
- Food. A meal for two in a mid-range restaurant in Manila will be around 20-50 USD. The food is cheap here, so it’s good news.
Another good news is that American citizens do not need a visa to enter the Philippines (if that’s less than for 30 days and for tourist purposes).
If you are sure the Philippine woman that you found online is the one you want to marry, you will have to budget expenses for bringing her to the USA:
- Flight. Around 700-850 USD one-way trip from Manila to New York.
- Fiancé(e) visa (K-1). You should bring your Filipina to the US on this visa and marry her within 90 days after that. A K-1 visa costs 265 USD, plus you need to cover the US Citizenship and Immigration Services fee (additional 535 USD).
So if you are an American citizen, marrying a Filipino woman will cost you 3,500-7,500 USD. These expenses include mail order bride sites services, visiting your Filipino bride in Manila, and bringing her to the US. This seems very cheap compared to other brides. Why? Because you do not need to pay the bride price.
Filipino bride cost: Canada
Got an offline date in Manila? Be ready for such expenses as:
- Tourist visa. Canadians need to apply for a 59-day tourist visa to stay in the Philippines for more than 30 days. Single-entry visa will cost 32 USD (43.50 CAD).
- Flights. A round trip Toronto-Manila will be about 700-900 USD (950-1,100 CAD).
- Accommodation and food. (Find the pricing in the section for US citizens).
If you want to bring a fiancée to Canada, you do not need to obtain a special visa like in the US. Instead, your Filipino woman will have to apply for an immigration visa. Save a few hundred dollars for that. Also, budget 800-1,100 USD (1,100-1,500 CAD) for a one-way flight from Manila to Toronto.
In total, be ready to pay about 3,000-7,000 USD (4,000-9,500 CAD) for a Filipino bride, if you are Canadian.
Filipino bride cost the UK
Are you British and you want a Filipino wife? Here we will tell you how much a Filipino bride costs in the UK. First, for an offline date you need:
- Flight tickets. Round trip London-Manila costs approximately 900-1,200 USD (700-960 GBP).
- Accommodation and food (see how much it is in the USA section).
Additionally, if you are a British passport holder and intend to stay in the Philippines for up to 30 days, you do not need a visa.
Second, for bringing your Philippine woman to the UK, you will have to pay for:
- Coming to London - around 600-800 USD (480-640 GBP)
- The UK finance visa application - 1,942 USD (1,523 GBP)
How much in total? You will need around 4,000-8,000 USD (3,200-6,400 GBP) to get a Filipino bride.
Filipino bride cost Australia
Are expenses for Australians on finding a Filipino woman anyhow different? Let’s see. So the official date will include:
- Flights. A round trip Sydney-Manila is around 500-900 USD (730-1,300 AUD)
- Accommodation and outing (you can find prices in the USA section)
By the way, if you travel to the Philippines for less than 30 days for touristic purposes, you do not need a visa.
Bringing a Philippine bride to Australia will cost you:
- One way flight to Sydney from Manila - around 200-500 USD (290-730 AUD)
- Fiancé visa in Australia, known as a Prospective Marriage Visa - 5,400 USD (7,715 AUD)
All in all, as Australian, be ready to pay 7,000-12,000 USD (10,200-17,500 AUD) for finding a Filipino woman and bringing her to your country.
Philippine's women make great wives. If you fall in love with one of them, you will never regret spending anything on her. But just for your knowledge – finding and bringing a Filipina to your country will cost you between 3,000-12,000 USD depending on where you come from. Also, keep in mind that some Philippine families expect the groom to cover all wedding expenses, but modern families are ready to share them.